“Meditation – Wisdom knocking and kicking some invisible walls of complexities” – Richa Chaturvedi
Week 8 – Fundamentals of Meditation
What is Meditation?
Medha, a Sanskrit word which means “WISDOM” is the root to the word Meditation. There is life behind this word. Meditation is a state of conscious and subconscious level when you are aware of your own self and have a focused attention. It promotes not just awareness of one’s own being but also brings in well being by acknowledging, sorting or eliminating thoughts which are a source of distress to us.
1. Reduced Stress, Anxiety and above all better body functioning.
2. Promotes a positive outlook which enhances your self-image and emotional well being.
3. Develops stronger mental abilities.
4. Helps you to become a better version of yourself by being mindful.
5. Increased strength and endurance of your attention.
6. Enhances memory and eliminates the risk of many psychological diseases.
7. It helps in gaining inner peace which is responsible for kindness and love in your general behavior.
8. Improves sleeping patterns
9. Keeps you away from addictions. You develop a strong resistance towards these things.
How to meditate?
Meditation is a practice which can be done anywhere and everywhere. Just allow yourself and your mind to ponder vaguely when you start. You might feel bombarded with many thoughts at the initial stage but that is normal. Slowly and gradually you will start to learn how to untangle messy thoughts, sort – align or just eliminate them. Once you start putting this practice in your daily routine at least for 5 minutes you’ll be able to concentrate and focus well. The meditation can be self driven or guided. Choose for yourself what you wish to do.
In short, Meditation is a life-skill which can be practised by all towards improving your overall wellbeing. Do share your views and comments.
Kudos to your Empowerment!
Richa Chaturvedi is a Women Empowerment Strategist and Coach and the founder of EmpowHer. Her purpose is to Empower women to find their Identity, connect to their soul, unlock Abundance and attain success in both personal and professional life. She calls them Sheroes, because she feels they are their own heroes.